Our beeswax is 100% Australian made, and has a rich golden colour and a phenomenal honey scent.
Beeswax is a natural wax produced in the beehive of honey bees. The wax is formed by worker bees and its colour varies from nearly white to brownish, but most often a shade of yellow, depending on purity and the type of flowers gathered by the bees.
Our beeswax is made by 5th generation beekeepers, who have been making honey and beeswax for over 100 years. We are incredibly proud to support Australian apiaries, and believe their beeswax products are the best in the world.
Our beeswax comes in large block form.
- Compared to soy wax, beeswax is extremely hard, so is quite a different wax to work with. We would suggest going up 2-3 sizes of wicks when working with beeswax.
- Beeswax has a relatively low melting point range of 62 to 64 °C. If beeswax is heated above 85 °C, discolouration occurs.
- As always, we suggest that you test in small batches before ordering large amounts.
- Beeswax candles have the safest fume rating of any candlelight.
- Remember to always use a double boiler when heating beeswax as this allows gentle heating. This is important because beeswax can burn easily, which lessens its beautiful natural colour and aroma.
How to store:
Keep at room temperature, wrap in plastic to keep the dust off.
Beeswax never goes bad, but it can bloom (develop a white powder) after time. To remove the bloom simply wipe with a soft rag or use a hairdryer.
Ordering Larger Quantities
If you wish to order Australian Beeswax in larger quantities you can do so via a Crafty Candle Supplies business account. To apply for an account please send a request via our contact us page here.