Being able to colour your wax is one way to distinguish your candles, and create your own unique candles!
Our colour blocks are easy to add to your wax. They are highly concentrated and are great for either soy, palm or paraffin wax.
Each block measures 5cm x 3cm.
As with all aspects of candle making, we always suggest performing your own tests to reach your desired result, but as a guide, we recommend 1 block to 3 kilos of wax.
Tips for working with Colour Block Dyes:
- One block will colour approximately 3 kilos of wax, so they are most suitable for colouring larger volumes of wax.
- Start with a small amount of colour, and gradually add more until you reach the colour you would like.
- Scraping the colour blocks with a knife will give you shavings that can be easily added to your wax.
- A good idea when testing is to add the colour block scrapings to your wax and stir in well. Take a teaspoon full of the coloured wax and smooth onto a white surface (a piece of white card will work well as you can then write notes on the amount used next to it).
- Keeping a note of the weight of the scrapings you are adding ensures that you achieve the same results in your next batch of candles. You may choose to use colour chips or liquid colour if you are colouring smaller amounts of wax.
- To prevent your coloured candles fading from sun exposure, we recommend the addition of a UV inhibitor to any coloured candles.
Larger quantities are available should you require larger volumes than shown on our site. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to offer you our best prices.
Please note: Our dye blocks are not recommended for personal care products. Use for candles only. Colours shown are for representation purposes only, please perform your own testing. Please use our guides as a basis for your own testing.
Safety Data Sheet