EcoSoya-135 is a container candle soy wax. It has excellent adhesion to containers without preheating, generally requires only one pour, has an excellent scent throw and a creamy white appearance. It is also dermatologically tested and is perfect for massage candles. When using dyes with this product, there is some potential to bloom (white frosting).
- Melt Point: 70-80’C
- Pouring Temperature: 60’C
- Flash Point: 233’C
- Maximum Scent Load: 10%
EcoSoya PB-135 soy wax is perfect for making all-natural, colourless candles. It has also been dermatology tested so is great for making massage candles that contain essential oils.
CB-135 works well with most forms of dye (liquid, blocks, flakes, powder etc), however as mentioned before, there is a potential for the wax to bloom when colour is added. When adding colour to CB-135, we recommend adding about 30% more dye than normal – this will achieve a better colour depth.
How to work with CB-135:
- Melt to at least 68’C
- Add dyes and fragrances
- Generally pour at 60’C
- Cool ideally at 20-24’C, spaced 1.5cm apart
- To minimise scent loss, add scent prior to pouring but at a wax temperature no less than 57.2’C. Accommodate for temperature drop due to the addition of the cooler scent when targeting the pour temperature.
- Fragrances work well in CB-135, we recommend the maximum scent load is about 10%. Remember to always measure your fragrances by weight, it’s easier! So if you have 1 kilo of wax, you will be using approximately 100g of fragrance.
- If using dye, melt the wax to a minimum of 68.3’C , gently stirring the wax to promote even heating and thorough mixing. Temporary high temperatures up to 88’C have no adverse effect if cooled quickly. Higher temperatures (in excess of 88’C) may cause the wax to discolour. Always allow the wax to cool to the desired pour temperature.
- Ensure your jars and containers are clean and at ambient temperature. No-pre-heating is necessary.
- Pour temperatures will vary according to the container type and size, fragrance and dye, and the effects you want to achieve. CB-135 can be poured as low as 37.8’C as long as the wax is kept moving (constant mixing) until poured. Lower pour temperatures may help to reduce frosting while producing a smooth top and good adhesion.
- If you have trouble with your pour temperatures, try a lower or higher temperature in increments of 5’C (10’F). Always check and confirm your pour temperatures according to seasonal changes!
- CB-135 required larger wicking than paraffin wax.
- Cooling your wax too quickly or too slowly can cause concaving and/or frosting. Leave your candles to cool without moving them in room temperature around 21’C. Keep about 1.5cm distance between the candles as they are setting to allow the air to circulate around them. Ideally leave the candles to set for 48 hours before burning. CB-135 is designed to adhere to your container, the slower the cooling, the better adhesion of wax to container.
- Cooling rates differ for different sized containers. Large jars above 237ml in size cool slower and require lower pour temperatures, about 57’C. Small candles (less than 237ml and metal/tin containers cool fast, requiring a higher pour temperature of about 60.3’C.
- When you are pouring candles at a lower temperature, about 43’C, add the scent at a higher temperature (about 60’C) and allow the wax to cool to the desired pour temperature.
- Keep stored in a cool dry location away from direct heat, sunlight and moisture. Temporary extremes in temperatures (cold or hot) have no adverse effect.
When stored properly, as per the instructions above, CB-135 has a minimum shelf life of 3 years.
When starting out with a new formula of materials (wax, wick, fragrance, dye & container) always perform a test burn. Wait 48 hours after pouring your candles to ensure they have fully set.
Soy Wax Usage Guide:
Soy Wax Guide - How to Calculate How Much Soy Wax To Use When Making Candles
Ordering Larger Quantities
If you wish to order EcoSoya CB-135 Soy Wax in larger quantities you can do so via a Crafty Candle Supplies business account. To apply for an account please send a request via our contact us page here.
Properties of the wax may vary by batch as well as the physical environment. We advise to test all new purchases to ensure a stable and flawless candle.
We do not accept returns due to wax variations.
Wax properties do vary by brand and by product so please compare wax attributes before making your purchase.
For a summary table of all wax brands and their attributes please visit our soy wax information page.