Our liquid dyes are perfect for colouring your candles!
You can create the entire spectrum of colours using our liquid dyes, from perfect pastels through to vibrant hues.
There are many advantages of working with liquid dyes. They are easily mixed into your wax to create unique shades and they have a high flash point of 93'C so they are safe to work with. They are also virtually free of insoluble matter.
We pack our liquid colours in amber glass bottles so they are protected from UV rays. Our 10ml and 25ml bottles also come with a handy pipette so measuring your colour is easy.
Liquid dyes are highly concentrated, so minimal amounts are needed. We recommend 6 drops per 1KG of wax for pale colours and 12 drops per 1KG of wax for strong, vibrant colours.
Tips for working with liquid dyes:
- When measuring out your dyes, always keep your unit of measurement consistent. Measuring the same product by weight or by volume will give you different results, so be consistent in your chosen unit of measurement (e.g. 60ml of liquid dye will give you a different result to 60g of liquid dye).
- If you add a lot of liquid dye to your candle wax, we suggest performing additional burn tests to check if a larger wick is required.
- The recommended temperature for adding your liquid dye to your wax is around 85'C. Working at a higher temperature can alter the colour.
- Dyes should be stored under ambient conditions with containers kept closed.
- We recommend that you use a UV inhibitor in all products containing dyes.
Please note: Our liquid dyes are perfect for colouring wax, however are not suitable for personal care products. Please use our guides as a basis for your own tests. We always recommend performing multiple tests to get your desired results.
Safety Data Sheet