Need help choosing the right wick? Visit our wick selection guide
Our Ultra Core candle wicks are designed to give you the rigidity you need during the candle pour and in the melt pool during the burn. Made from 100% fibre - no metal or paper.
- Suggested Container Size: 4.2cm diameter
- Flame Height: 2.1cm
- Tabbed and waxed
- Tab diameter: 20mm
- Tab height: 6mm
- Length of wick: 15cm
The core of this advanced wick consist of fibres, not metal, and does not leave behind the unsightly metal or paper core protruding from the flame as it burns. The Ultra Core wick features a patented open construction enabling better capillary flow of more difficult wax blends such as vegetable or soy based waxes and heavily scented or coloured paraffin. This wick is an excellent choice for containers, votives and pillars. It comes ready tabbed and waxed so is ready to use straight away.
Advantages of using Ultra Core wicks:
- Very stiff wick, so will stand up well whilst the candle is being poured. Extremely helpful to the candle maker by minimising wick position adjustment as the candle is made.
- The wick will stay straight in the flame
- Great for soy and beeswax candles
- Great for heavily scented candles
- 100% fiber (no paper or metal)
The performance of a wick is determined by many factors - the wax used, the amount of fragrance added, the amount of colour added, the size of the container etc. We always strongly suggest you start off with small quantities of wicks to perform your own test burns. Once you have performed your tests and are happy with the results, only then would we suggest purchasing in larger quantities.